(no subject)

1 post / 0 new
#1 Wed, 2002-01-23 06:31
Leonard J Bukowski

(no subject)

I too agree with Ben in Alabama re Ms. Margaret's good heart. None of my words were meant to cast aspersions on her efforts. When I first came across her work some years back, the breathe and scope and amount of information amazed me. It almost made me want to live in New York City until I realized that I couldn't afford it and that I would probably never see a tree or open space again if I lived there. Much good is done by her efforts. However, taping is not the great sin it is often made out to be on this list recently. My post regarding Matt in Oregon's query (hey Matt, you still with us? or did all this drive you away. It would be funny if he left; there is a scar on my arm from a beer bottle during a fight over the attentions of a young lady who during the proceedings left with someone else; a parallel perhaps if Mr. Matt left the list). Anyway, I just knew when he posted that mm or gd would respond as is their wont in the manner they have responded and yes, true to form they did and it made me want to shout, throw my hands up, '"Real holy laughter in the river! They saw it all! the wild eyes! the holy yells! They bade farewell! They jumped off the roof! to solitude! waving! carrying flowers! Down to the river! into the street! Carl Solomon! I'm with you in Rockland...(Ginsberg, A. Howl p.24-25, City lights books.) Whoops, i digress, where was i , oh yeah Rockland. I mean there is a tape, complete of Charlie Parker playing at a dance at the Rockland palace. This is priceless stuff. I mean, this is stuff that people need to hear. Boris Rose sat up late at night taping live broadcast from WJZ and other stations, again priceless stuff, cuz who was recording the boppers, no real major labels. Historical document, yes but also of great musical importance. Well, I have ranted long enough again (come back Matt wherever you are) Thanks to Ms. Margaret for all your efforts on her newsletter and good deeds done dirt cheap.

time for my medication,(just kidding) be at peace,

lenni