Chi Jazz Fest/Omniverse Sun Ra

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Thu, 1994-07-07 06:15
Patrick Gallagher

Chi Jazz Fest/Omniverse Sun Ra

I thought this info may be of some interest:

The 16th Annual Chicago Jazz Festival will run Sept. 2 through 4 in Grant Park, and, though the headliners already have been announced, the rest of the bookings recently were made final. Here's the full lineup:

Sept. 2. Petrillo Band Shell, in Grant Park, starting at 6 p.m.: Barrett Deems Big Band; David Sanchez Quartet; Ernest Dawkins' New Horizons Ensemble; Terence Blanchard Quartet, with Jeanie Bryson; Horace Silver & the Silver Brass Ensemble, with Red Holloway.

Sept. 3, Jackson Stage, in Grant Park, starting at noon: David Kikoski Trio; Andy Goodrich Quintet; Detroit Junior; Joe Johnson; Teddy Edwards and Harold Land, with Jodie Christian, John Whitfield and Wilbur Campbell.

Sept. 3, Petrillo Band Shell, starting at 5 p.m.: Kevin Mahogany, with James Weidman, Marlene Rosenberg, Jeff Newell and Mark Walker; Fletcher Basington Orchestra; Marian McPartland Trio; Jon Jang and the Pan Asian Arkestra; Fathers and Sons session, with Dewey and Joshua Redman, Von and Chico Freeman, backed by Christian McBride, among others.

Sept. 4, Jackson Stage, starting at noon: Bill McFarland and the Chicago Horns; Rex Richardson Quintet with Hinda Hoffman; Dewey Redman with Harrison Bankhead and Hamid Drake.

Sept. 4, Petrillo Band Shell starting at 5 p.m.: Chuck Hedges Swingtet; Arthur Taylor's Wailers; Fred Anderson Reunion Band, with George Lewis, Doug Ewart and Kidd Jordan; Houston Person and Etta Jones; Milt Jackson Quartet, with Bobby Hutcherson; Gerald Wilson Orchestra, with Jimmy Smith, Snooky Young, Oscar Brasheer, Harold Land, Teddy Edward and others.

In addition, the Jazz Institute of Chicago, which programs the festival for the Mayor's Office of Special Events, hopes to book an additional concert, Sept. 1, at De Paul University's Merle Reskin Theatre.

For more information, phone the Mayor's Office of Special Events at 312-744-3315.

Also the address for purchasing the Sun Ra book (In US $) was listed in Coda Magazine (with Malachi Favors on the cover).

Thu, 1994-07-07 06:28
lpawl

Re: Chi Jazz Fest/Omniverse Sun Ra

could you please post the address & info if it's not too much trouble? All the coda's in my area sold-out.

thanks,

george:::

Sun, 1994-07-10 16:02
Ihor W Slabicky

Re: Chi Jazz Fest/Omniverse Sun Ra

I thought this info may be of some interest:

Also the address for purchasing the Sun Ra book (In US $) was listed in Coda Magazine (with Malachi Favors on the cover).

could you post that address and other related info? like the price/etc.? i think this would be of general interest to the list! :-)

I-) ihor