what exactly is spam anyway?

1 post / 0 new
#1 Sat, 2000-06-17 20:00
graham connah

what exactly is spam anyway?

THIS MESSAGE IS IN MIME FORMAT. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

--MS_Mac_OE_3044116827_247696_MIME_Part Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

below is an abridged version of my reply to sachimay records. i don't have the answer. decided to CC it here.

well, i've been thinking. I subscribe to a bunch of different music lists, so I get your "press releases" in multiple copies.

maybe i don't mind so much, i like to stay "informed". these days.......perhaps by definition that means being inundated. then again, when i read posts to a sun ra list or a bay area new music events list, i like the posts to be ON TOPIC. (sometimes guitly of violations here myself..)

I have also been thinking alot about the problematic commercial aspects of artistry. y'know, the problem of having this artistic thing you produce become a "product" (inject marx on the history of the development of capitalism here, and attali, etc..). yeah, the survival issue, etcetera.

I ask you to ponder--is there a better way to get the word out than just sending ADvertisements to topic-oriented e-mail lists?

see you on the funway, graham connah

[Image]

now available @ Sachimay Records.com

(SNIP) --MS_Mac_OE_3044116827_247696_MIME_Part Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

what exactly is spam anyway? below is an abridged version of my  reply to sachimay r= ecords. i don't have the answer.
decided to CC it here.

well, i've been thinking. I subscribe to a bunch of differen= t music lists, so I get your "press releases" in multiple copies.<= BR>
maybe i don't mind so much, i like to stay "informed". these days= .......perhaps by definition that means being inundated.
then again, when i read posts to a sun ra list or a bay area new music even= ts list, i like the posts to be ON TOPIC. (sometimes guitly of violations he= re myself..)

I have also been thinking alot about the  problematic commercial aspec= ts of artistry. y'know, the problem of having this artistic thing you produc= e become a "product" (inject marx on the history of the developmen= t of capitalism here, and attali, etc..). yeah, the survival issue, etcetera= .

I ask you to ponder--is there a better way to get the word out than just se= nding ADvertisements to topic-oriented e-mail lists?

see you on the funway,   graham connah

----------

[Image]

now available @ Sachimay Records.com

(SNIP)

--MS_Mac_OE_3044116827_247696_MIME_Part--