Re: Philly situation

1 post / 0 new
#1 Mon, 1994-12-05 05:47
J Johnson

Re: Philly situation

Robert's message on here from this weekend regarding the situation in Philly doesn't surprise me but it is still disappointing and depressing all the same, especially with it being the holidays. These guys are pretty proud people and I imagine don't want charity, they want work. However, if things are bad, what can we do in the interim to help them get through the winter? Would collecting and sending canned food or other household items help them? It would at least alleviate their need to buy those items, so they could pay for heat. Surely we could do something along those lines. I know Marshall and John need dental work to boot so that has to be making things even more difficult with John's pre-existing medical problems. As for getting them work, I think we've been that way before and most of us know what the problem is. I firmly believe that if we want to keep these guys healthy, give them a positive attitiude, keep them living in the U.S. and making music, now's the time to see what we can do as a group to help them. I would think they are probably self-conscious about asking their peers like Cecil, Michael Ray and others for help directly- so if we can't or won't do it, who will? The floor is open- any creative ideas how we can help?

JJ

Jim Johnson/jjohnson@alston.cba.ua.edu