Re: nods to sun ra

1 post / 0 new
#1 Wed, 1994-12-21 10:14
Andrew Bartlett

Re: nods to sun ra

hi saturnids, as for chris cutler's current status in the (ec) nudes, the project is a collective venture much along henry cow's squiggly lines. i've not seen his article on sun ra but would love to. if someone could snail mail it my way. i'd be eternally grateful. 150 nw 135th place seattle, wa 98177. reaching cutler to my knowledge isn't that simple. perhaps calling cuneiform records publicity at 301 589-8894 would be a good bet. ReR is distributed stateside by cuneiform. ReR's address is 74 Tulse Hill London SW2 2PT. Scholarly pieces on Sun Ra will surely increase, and we should keep community tabs on them for all our sakes. musical ruminations are far more diffuse (thurston moore has pledged his adoration of sun ra as have so many others), as are theatrical and literary. anyway, the (ec) nudes (named so because the nudes, some other band, barred them from using that name; thus the (ec) added) sound a lot like amy denio, too, who folks may know from the tone dogs, the billy tipton memorial sax quartet, or curlew's "beautiful western saddle." ciao, andy