Re: Saturn collection details(!)

1 post / 0 new
#1 Wed, 1994-11-09 16:20
Trudy Morse

Re: Saturn collection details(!)

Hi! Sun Ra, himself, I am told carefully typed all the poetry, without a single error. Beautifully typed. Can you convert it to HTML? This is the format used on the Web. Am leaving for Arizona, Connecticut, with a visit to Anthony Braxton at the Knitting Factory tomorrow.

Will give you more attention when I return. Otherwise, my son, Michael may be in touch with you.

DATE: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 22:06:06 -0500 FROM: Trudy Morse p00879@PSILINK.COM

Trudy, If you have Ra poetry already typed, all that you need to do is to send copies to me and I'll scan it into computer format (called ASCII by us computer addicted types). Once it's been scanned in we can do almost anything with it (I do typesetting and book design in my spare time, which could come in handy if needed...).

Just thought that I'd offer scanning services, in case you want to move ahead with your project.

Joe Moudry Lister Hill Library University of Alabama @ Birmingham LHL0032@UADBPO.DPO.UAB.EDU Snail Mail: P.O. Box 1205 Tuscaloosa AL 354043-1205

----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Peter, I am so overwhelmed what can be done on computer! Can we get the poetry on computer? And coded? I have hundreds of poems. What is involved in this? The poems are all neatly typed and indexed, by Sun Ra. Trudy

DATE: Thu, 3 Nov 1994 11:18:50 MST FROM: Peter M. Roberts roberts@NATASHA.LANL.GOV

Thanx Trudy, Perhaps, if others agree, we could work on some kind of "standardized" format for these kind of detailed listings? I think what I came up with here could use some improvement to make it a bit more readable, but short of expanding each entry to many lines each, I can't think of anything else offhand. I don't know much about archiving practices or database management, but if you're proposing to archive everyone's Saturns, it'll be a real mess unless something formal is agreed on beforehand. I am as enthusiastic about this as you are, however, and I'll bet others are also. I would be more than willing to help coordinate such an effort. Let me know what you think....

Peter