Re: Ra tribute project

1 post / 0 new
#1 Fri, 1994-10-07 14:48
Gino Robair

Re: Ra tribute project

Regarding the Sun Ra tribute project:

We're still collecting tapes at this point, but it's looking more and more like we're going to have a 2 disc set. We're also getting readings of Sun Ra poetry by folks to put inbetween the songs. I'm trying desperately to get this out before the end of the year, but I would like to be happy with it so let's say that it's still cooking.

As far as a fundraiser, after talking with Trudy Morse about the whole thing, we came up with the idea of using it as a means of fundraising to offset their travel costs - money set aside for touring.

Regarding subscriptions: we're about 1/2 way there. I would post a list of who is planned to be included on the discs, but I'm a bit superstitious when the project is in this phase. However, we do have some very interesting stuff being submitted, and the whole thing is moving right along. If you haven't sent in a subscription yet and want to do so the address is: Rastascan Records, pobox 3073, San Leandro, CA 94578-3073 (make checks out to Rastascan Records).

If you have any questions regarding the project I'm at ginorobair@aol.com.

Thanks,

gino