Tape Trees

1 post / 0 new
#1 Wed, 1994-08-31 10:17
Donald Glasgo

Tape Trees

Dear Fellow Subscribers to the Saturn List:

I have followed your e-mail conversations concerning tape trees and renumeration to the Arkestra with interest over the past couple of weeks, and I spoke with James Jackson about it last night. Jackson, who still lives at the house in Philly, said, basically, that "anything (i.e., any contribution) would be welcomed! Whatever people can afford!" The Arkestra is in pretty dire straits right now. Gilmore, as you know, is in poor health, and is really unable--and unwilling--to take on this task. Jackson, on the other hand, is perfectly able and willing. So, as you copy and send tapes around, please send your contributions to the Arkestra to: James Jackson, 5626 Morton Street, Philadelphia, Pa. 19144. Jackson was the force behind the Arkestra's recent incorporation, and they are waiting to, hopefully, receive some substantial amounts from European record companies. Day-to-day, though, things are pretty tough. They really do not have enough money, by and large, to pay people like Jothan to come up from Atlanta to play or Samarai from Memphis, and John's ill health is a real concern. So, remember, please, that there are real people out there. As you do the dubbing and whatever, send what you can--for the Arkestra--to Jackson. Don Glasgo Dartmouth College