Re: Supporting the Arkestra/Jothan Callins update

1 post / 0 new
#1 Tue, 1994-09-27 12:46
Moudry

Re: Supporting the Arkestra/Jothan Callins update

Jim (& Other Saturnites), I have a copy of JOthan Callins' lp on the Triumph label and think that it's quite worth having. I've played it a few times on my Saturday shows and have had good listener response. If Mr Callins recorded the concert (which I wasn't able to catch) I'd be first in line to buy a copy, whether it be issued by Evidence or Callins' own label. I'll try to remember to call him and ask what his plans are for the tape.

Joe Moudry Lister Hill Library Univ. of Alabama @ Birmingham LHL0032@UABDPO.DPO.UAB.EDU /|\

----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Forgetful me, but could someone post the Philly address for the Arkestra's house again?

On a side note, Jothan Callins and his 21st Century Agenda recorded their Birmingham Museum of Art concert last week for a possible release, but I don't know if it will be local or national. I wasn't there unfortunately so I don't know what tunes he played. Does anyone know if Evidence has shown any interest in Callins' work, as they have Michael Ray? Joe Moudry, were you there by any chance?

JJ Jim Johnson/jjohnson@alston.cba.ua.edu