What a discussion

1 post / 0 new
#1 Fri, 2000-06-16 09:53
Steve Glabman

What a discussion

But Chicago is the place you ought to be.... we are regaining our once proud and unique jazz status in the world, it seems Chicago has almost given up the blues.. Ie the weakest Bluesfest ever, with the same people playing and no major stars, while the jazz fest is getting more adventurous and is still nationally broadcast, like the bluesfest was but no isn't. And the jazz keeps coming as i was at the empty bottle last night for an amazing witches and devils featuring Ken Vandermark, Mars Williams, Harrison Bankhead, Fred Longberg-holms, and i forgot the drummer, sorry, but that was the opening act, could be a show anywhere by themselves. But then we get the unheard music with Peter Brotzmann and Joe McPhee, THANKS ERIC H. for the great recommendation as well as others who told me about mcphee. They melted the house with chad taylor on drums and Noel Kupersmith on bass. This was also being recorded for the BBC Live at he empty bottle seris, beginning broadcasts in september. The first one will be steve lacy and roswell rudd from the empty bottle. Hope to have more info, but if you like jazz then listen to CSN&Y "And won't you please come to Chicago" it a very happening place. Steve in Space sunny@enteract.com Visual Arts & Poetry at: http://www.usk.org.