Sun Ra Spotlight on WPRB

1 post / 0 new
#1 Sat, 1995-01-21 14:36
Jeffrey Aaron A...

Sun Ra Spotlight on WPRB

Hi, everyone. I'm new to this mailing list, and I am also new to the universe of Sun Ra. Although my knowledge of his music is not extremely vast, I am attempting to put on a radio show that will concentrate on Sun Ra's music. I am a jazz DJ at WPRB in Princeton NJ (103.3 FM). On Friday, January 7 from 7:00 until 10:00pm I will be spotlighting the music of Sun Ra. The program will consist almost exclusively of the Evidence reissues. The station does not have much Sun Ra other than these CD's.

I am writing this post for two reasons.

1) Anyone in the NJ, NY, PA area may like to hear the program. This is not a very big station, so the reception is a little hard to predict. However, please feel free to try at 103.3 FM.

2) I am very new to Sun Ra and very excited by his music. I decided todo this show because I'm so interested in his work. However, I am fairly new to his music and fear that my knowledge my not be adequate enough to give the music the presentation it deserves. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate any advice, suggestions, song-recommendations, historical information, etc. which I might be able to use in such a program. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Jeff