Evidence

1 post / 0 new
#1 Fri, 1995-01-06 08:52
Seth Tisue

Evidence

Someone asked which Evidence releases they think they should get. I'd suggest digging through the list archives -- they've all been discussed extensively and various summaries have been posted. Here's my quick summary, in roughly chronological order:

skip Holiday for Soul Dance skip Sound Sun Pleasure get Visits Planet Earth/Interstellar Lo Ways if you like it definitely also get Jazz in Silhouette consider also perhaps getting Supersonic Jazz get Angels and Demons at Play/Nubians of Plutonia if you like it also get We Travel the Spaceways/Bad and Beautiful and Fate in a Pleasant Mood/When Sun Comes out too (actually these three aren't that similar, they're all good but not totally consistent, it's hard to choose between them -- I think We Travel is the weakest) get Cosmic Tones for Mental Therapy/Art Forms of Dimensions Tomorrow get The Magic City if you like the above two also get Other Planes of There get Atlantis (but STAND BACK!) get My Brother the Wind Vol. II (I love it completely but some consider it inessential) get Soundtrack to Space is the Place (best early 70's Ra) if Ra's piano playing on the earlier discs catches your ear try Monorails and Satellites (solo piano)

== Seth Tisue s-tisue@anl.gov