Water Shed recordings

1 post / 0 new
#1 Fri, 1995-11-24 10:51
Ben Opie

Water Shed recordings

Hello again. I received several nice messages inquiring about my recordings, particularly with Water Shed. We have two 7" records (Sales and Service and "Brainville"b/w"The Throes") and one CD (Duck Bill Hammer). All are available from Pop Bus Records, 5883 Darlington Rd, Pittsburgh PA 15217. Checks and MO's should be made to Manny Theiner. In case it's a question, he does not mind me giving out his address. You can write to me at P.O. Box 81771, Pittsburgh, PA 15217. 7"s are $3, CD is $10. Once again, I hope this doesn't sound like too much of a commercial.

"The Perfect Man" is unreleased at this time. It will be included on our second CD, but there is no label offer, nor projected release date. Water Shed plays a fair amount of Sun Ra music, usually at least one per performance. Another obscure title we perform is "Halloween in Harlem," which I really like. The Billy Tipton Memorial Saxophone Quartet joined us onstage to play "Egyptian Fantasy" earlier this year.

Does anyone out there have sheet music to "The Shadow World"? It's a piece I've wanted to play, but have found it a difficult piece to transcribe.

Alan Saul, in his very kind letter, asked me what sort of influence Mr. Ra has had on my work. I think I've taken up enough space for now; I'll reflect on that and write again in a few days.

Ben Opie